Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Ambition

So, if you have talked to me at all recently then you know that I am about to live out being an "army wife." In t-minus 10 days, (not that I'm counting or anything. ;) ) my lovely Army Reservist husband will embark on his two-week Annual Training (aka AT) that will cause him to be gone 27 days.

But wait, you say, you said two-week training but that your husband will be gone for 27 days! The math doesn't work you say! And in that, you are correct. See...normally AT is only two weeks out of the summer. However, my lucky, lucky husband's section got put on the advanced party AND the clean-up crew. Therefore, he's going to be gone for 27 whole days AND still have to do his normal weekend drill the weekend he comes back in August. So it's almost like he'll be gone for 28 days (I won't really see him that Sunday after he gets back...)

I knew this would be the life, and really 27 days isn't that bad especially when he could be deployed at any time for a long, long time. This will just be a taste of what it could be like....but that doesn't mean I'm excited that he's going to be gone for so long so quickly after getting married. sigh

ANYWAYS. I have all this pent up ambition of things I want to do while my dear husband is off gallivanting around an Army base in another part of the country. I have made 5 fairly lofty goals for myself to do while he is gone and I'm telling them to you to help me be accountable for them or something. :o)

so, without further ado I present my 5 Goals to accomplish while the husband is gone:
  1. I have been given the opportunity to participate in a little mini-dance workshop put on by one of my colleagues/friends in the dancing world. We're going to get together twice a week in the month of July and then have a little performance at the end of the month. I'm really excited about this!

  2. I am going to make my own 31 for 31 fashion challenge. There will be more details coming on this by the end of the week (I hope!) and you can totally participate with me if you want. ;)

  3. I am going to re-do our Master Bedroom. We are still using the same bedspread from when I was single...and while nice it is showing some wear and tear. SO I am going to redecorate! This will include making new pillowcases, duvet cover for said bedspread, painting the nightstand and hanging some pictures and such. I MIGHT just buy a new sheet/bedspread set....but only if I can find what I want for a good price. I will post more on my plans on this at the beginning of July. I have a Pinterest board on it and everything and I'm really excited at the prospect of this project.

  4. I have a ton of recipes that I have printed off from websites and such and I want to compile ALL my recipes into one place. I'm thinking that instead of a book I'm going to do a box w/recipe cards. BUT that's subject to change. I plan on working on this project all month long when I'm not dancing and watching all of my guilty pleasure shows. ;)

  5. Finally I have been collecting ideas for crafty projects to do for a long time and have a dozen or so on a Pinterest board. My plan is to complete at least THREE of these ideas while Allan is gone. I'm not sure which ones yet, but I'll post about them when I figure that out. I plan on doing these on the weekends. 
Whew. I'm going to busy! I also want to work out on a regular basis and possibly work on our Wedding Album...but we'll see how that all goes down. I do know that it's going to be hard, but so rewarding at the same time. Distance makes the heart grow fonder, right? :o) ANYWHO....if anyone wants to play with me let me know! I'll definitely be wanting to play with my girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment