Thursday, November 1, 2012

goals and things

I was sitting at my desk at work today and realized that I'm addicted to wanting to do things. Let me explain.

Like most females my age (and older/younger) and probably a lot of males as well....I am in love with Pinterest. No longer do I need to save links, recipes, activies in my email drafts, but can instead post these to a specific board and keep track of everything. However, I have the problem of actually DOING anything from my boards. Add to that the fact there seems to always be the things outside of Pinterest that I want to do (these are often holiday related) and you have one overwhelmed Alicia.

I'm trying to destress my life, but still enjoy and LIVE my life to the fullest. I get a lot of joy out of creating and doing all sorts of things so I don't want to just ex-nay those things out of my life. I have come up with a solution that I think will work for me.

I have picked eight things to do in the month of November. This doesn't include any activities or date night ideas that I have currently floating around, but these are ideas and suggestions that I have pinned to different boards on Pinterest. The goal is to do two of these things each week. 

I'm hoping this works well for me...and if it does then this will be a monthly post that you will see! :) 

Here are this months "things" that I want to accomplish:

1.  Fix my Kitchen-Aid Mixer. - using this tutorial.

2.  Make an advent calendar for December. - I want one that isn't just a fun activity but includes service activities, stories to read, etc.


3.  Make Lindy dress-up princess skirt. - I bought some cute sheer fabric from the remnants bin at JoAnn's and now I need to make good on using it. :) 

4. Make Betty Crocker Mixes - using these websites:

 http://fakeitfrugal.blogspot.com/2012/02/fake-betty-crocker-cookie-mixes.html
http://fakeitfrugal.blogspot.com/2012/04/fake-betty-crocker-brownie-mix.html

5. Do a detox drink for a week: http://mom2mycrazy2.blogspot.com/2012/06/detox-apple-cinnamon-water-pinned-it.html  I think this is a really good idea to do right before Thanksgiving - then maybe I won't feel so bad eating all that pie. ;)

6. Make Lindy a quiet book. - I grew up having one of these for Church and I know it was beneficial for my mother. I want Lindy to have one too - I will probably enlist a little bit of Mom's help for this. :)

7. Make other Christmas gifts. - Several of the gifts I am giving people are going to be handmade and I don't want a stressful December. :o)

8.  Start wedding bouquet. - I have this vision in my head that my bouquet will look something like this one. So I want to start working on it. There's still no wedding date...but I want to be prepared. ;)


So there you go. My list of things to do this month. I'm really excited about this, and maybe I'll do a weekly update or something letting you know how things are going. Hopefully I can at least give a monthly recap. This is something that I haven't done before and I'm not sure how it's all going to go down. :) So no expectations k? okay. And if you want....you could join in whatever capacity works for you. Let me know if you do and maybe we can have a support group or something. lol.

Have a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment